Because Compiz and Beryl didn't run very stable on my desktop, I tried
to create a Window-Decoration that looks good to me and is easy to install.
The download-file contains 2 folders with 2 images. One for titlebar-heigt 24 px and one for 28 px.
A semitransparent bitmap which gives your chosen window-decoration-color a glossy style.
A non-transparent grey bitmap
*** HOW TO SETUP ***
- Open KDE-Controlcenter (ALT+F2: kcontrol)/ Appearance & Themes / Colors
- Choose a dark color for the Active window (black or darkblue looks very well)
- Open KDE-Controlcenter / Appearance & Themes / Window-Decorations
- Choose Crystal as Style (if you don't have it, you can get it here: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=13969).
SUSE-Users can get the package here: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Community/YOURDISTRIBUTION
- Set the style as follows:
- Title Alignment: centered
- Use shadowed text: unchecked
- Round Corners: check all
- Border width: 5 px
- Titlebar heigt: 24 px, 28 px or 32 px (This is necessary for optimal & sharp results. For resolutions lower than 1280x1024 px, I recommend 24 px)
- "Vista" (or "Kubuntu Edgy/Feisty")
- Enable Transparency: no
- Active: No outline / No inline
- Inactive: Simple outline (#BBBBBB) / No inline
Overlay: Choose "Custom" here and the path to the downloaded & unzipped images, dependet on your chosen titlebar-height.
- Open KDE-Controlcenter / Appearance & Themes / Fonts
- Set Verdana, 10, Bold for Window title
- Open KDE-Controlcenter / Appearance & Themes / Colors
- Select "Active Title Text" (by klicking it)
- Set #FFFFFF as color
- Select "Inactive Title Text" (by klicking it)
- Set #CCCCCC as color
This style looks very nice with a transparent & dark coloured taskbar :-)
I have added a black taskbar image that fits nice to the dark&glossy style (see 3rd screenshot).
- Open KDE-Controlcenter / Desktop / Panels / Appearance
- Panel Background: tick "Enable background image"
- Enter the path to taskbar.png