A few new alterations (See screenshoot 2)
1) The right hand button has now been made wider.
2) The title bar font now has a subtle drop shadow
3) You can choose if you want the bottom edges rounded (Edit the acqua/Acqua.cpp file, and alter the #undef BOTTOMROUNDED to #def to enable these.)
4) The edge of the window is not black, it is now grey, which makes it softer.
Were looking into ways of making this deco have some form of transparency when inactive.... Any ideas and sugestions will be very much appreciated! Please post them here if you do.
PS: If you wish to use the deco from screenshot 1, please download from: http://www.thormedia.co.uk/linux/decorations/kwinaqua_mod.tgz
This decoration was initially created by Mr. James Liu, and has been modifed by M.J.Soto.
This version has all corners rounded, and the Close, Min, Max buttons are located on the left side of the window. Also the GTK mouse pointer bug has now been fixed.
Please read the following carefully to install (Tried and tested on SuSE 8.1, with KDE 3.0.4 and QT-3.0.5):
1) Download and extract the decoration
2) CD in to the kwinacqua_mod directory
3) ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3 --includedir=/opt/kde3/include --with-qt-includes=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/include/ --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib --with-extra-includes=/opt/kde3/include
(NB: Those are the ones working on SuSE 8.1. Set the above to the correct locations of KDE headers an QT, and NOT as root, just user)
4) cd acqua/
5) rm *.moc
6) for i in *.h; do moc -o `basename $i .h`.moc $i; done
6) edit the Makefile
7) replace ALL instances of kde2 with kde3
8) save out the Makefile
9) make (as user)
10) su (this will then prompt you for root password)
11) make install
You should now be back to normal user, exit again, and restart KDE.
When restarted, goto Control Center -> Look and Feel -> Windows Decoration, and choose Acqua.